Friday, September 15, 2017

Why I'm Always Reppin

Happy Rep the Y Friday! Hope all of y'all are appropriately clad in navy or royal BYU Blue and revving up for the game tomorrow!
Speaking of reppin', I really love the 2016 and 2017 Game Day t-shirts. For those of you who haven't seen them, the 2016 ones say "Reppin the Y" and the newer ones say "Always Reppin".
When I was first introduced to the word "reppin" in 2016, the blonde part of me thought it was pronounced "Re-pin"... as in, like, a Relief Society Pinterest page gone rabid? I was really confused.
Eventually, after I figured out how to actually pronounce the word, the idea of Reppin' the Y grew on me. It's a catchy, simple phrase that effectively captures all the emotions that BYU fans feel during the heat of a game.
I've also thought about the phrase, "Always Reppin". The slogan implies that true fans don't have to be clad in BYU gear to represent their school; their very way of life is representation enough.
So, how can a Cougar be "Always Reppin?"
It's hard to give an answer to that question without thinking of examples of students and alumni who are always Reppin'. So, over the next little while, I'll use Rep the Y Friday as an opportunity to highlight people who have defined what Always Reppin means for a BYU Cougar.
In the meantime, dear BYU Cougars, don't just wear blue; bleed it.



No comments:

Post a Comment