Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Breakfast for Slightly Less Lazy People

Since I posted one of my mom's recipes, I now feel obligated to post one of my dad's, considering my parents make up like 50% of my readership. This recipe requires slightly more effort than mom's, but requires much less brain power, so I assume that means it evens out to be quite doable for a college student.
My dad has always LOVED cereal. He cannot live without his bowl of Grape Nuts or Granola in the morning. Recently, however, my mom's been trying to phase cereal out of our diet. It's apparently expensive, full of sugar, and has too many preservatives. Honestly, I can't complain about this latest development because now my mom COOKS homemade breakfast. Mmmmm
But my dad's usually out of the house early, and he prefers to eat cereal for breakfast. Since my mom has stopped buying as much cereal, his solution is homemade granola!
The recipe is simple: just a 1-1-1 ratio of three ingredients.

Homemade Granola
1 cup of oats
1 tablespoon of oil (We use coconut oil because it adds flavor and is healthy and there's nothing else in the house, but you can use other oils)
1 tablespoon of some sort of sugar (We used Very Dark Maple syrup, which was DELICIOUS! Honey also works, or just any generic syrup you'd put on top of pancakes)

1.) Preheat oven to 350
2.) Combine ingredients
3.) Spread on to a baking sheet, preferably one with a lip so you don't make a mess all over the kitchen
4.) Cook for 12 minutes
5.) Take out of oven.

There you have it! Oats are cheap and filling, thus a great addition to any college breakfast. Go ahead and try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment