Tuesday, April 25, 2017

My MOA Cafe

So I'm about to get my hard-core fan girl on... brace yourself for this. *buckles on helmet* *cracks knuckles* *rolls shoulders* K, you ready now?
The MOA Cafe is legitimately the BEST FOOD ON CAMPUS! Oh. My. Gosh. I discovered it last week randomly. My friend Bresciana was going and invited me to come along, and I'm so glad that she did! The MOA is a high-end soup, salad, and sandwich place. Since my roots are planted in Southern California, I've always been a bit of a health nut, and this place is particularly satisfying because it feels *relatively* light, refreshing, and healthy. My absolute favorite menu item they have there is the very berry salad: raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, candied almonds, and a sweet vinaigrette are combined to make me very, very happy. I also LOVE the Fontina Cheese Panini, and I hear that the chilled raspberry soup is also a work of art.
Here's the Very Berry Salad and the Panini I was talking about:
The location is also absolutely, perfectly gorgeous! It's in the top floor of the BYU Museum of Art (which is also the awesomest place ever, but I will talk about that later). The cafe has floor-to-ceiling windows that look out on Y Mountain, and on a rainy day, when the fog rolls in from off the mountains, it gives you the sensation that you're floating in the air on the tops of trees. The eating area itself is very homey and cozy, the perfect place for a date.
The only downside is the place is a little pricey... it's about $10 for a soup and salad or sandwich and salad. But I think it's definitely worth it, especially if it's covered by the MEAL PLAN!!!
So yeah. More information about the MOA can be found here. Just please go at least once; you won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment